Olive Oil Cooking Spray
3/4 cup 100% real apple juice
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 3/4 cup white whole wheat-flour
1/2 cup maple sugar flakes
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup canned pumpkin puree (NOT PIE FILLING)
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
4 egg whites
1/4 cup safflower oil (or oil of choice)
1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
2 oz unsalted pecan pieces, toasted
- Lightly mist an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch nonstick loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine apple juice and cranberries. Place on high heat and bring to a boil; remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, maple sugar flakes, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice and salt until combined; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir cranberry mixture, pumpkin, yogurt, egg whites, oil and vanilla until well combined. Add cranberry-pumpkin mixture and pecans to flour mixture and stir until just moistened but no flour is visible; don't over-mix. Spoon into pan, gently smoothing top with back of spoon or a rubber spatula.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a 6-qt slow cooker to elevate pan from bottom; place pan on top. (Alternatively, form 3 or 4 12-inch pieces of foil into balls and place in bottom of slow cooker to elevate pan.) Cover and cook on high for 2 hours and 45 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer pan to a cooling rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Loosen bread from pan by running a spatula around inside edges. Invert onto cooling rack and let cool completely. Slice into 16 pieces.
- Serving Size: about 1/2 inch slice
- Calories: 159
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Fat Content: 65 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 70 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g